Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
FORUMS:listlist (w/ descriptions)archivetagssearchhall of famerecent posts

Re: @Pj Adamo

COW Forums : Apple FCPX or Not: The Debate

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Share on Facebook
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Tangier ClarkeRe: @Pj Adamo
by on May 8, 2012 at 11:46:11 pm

I will definitely download PrP , but if it's anything like FCP 7 in operation, I will stick with FCP X and FCP 7 for the meantime. I've been cutting with FCP X and love it, despite the growing pains. It is very different, but my productivity is light years ahead of FCP 7. Though FCP 7 is still may main workhorse, now when I go back to it from FCP X, it feels like a dinosaur. Once I wrapped my head around thy FCP X behaves the way it does, how its tied in to nice OS X technologies, how it leverages a database structure, metadata and how all of these components (along with plugins coming out so quickly) help me tell stories faster and manage my media better, I am confident the FCP X is my NLE of choice until and/or unless it completely fails.

Either way, i'll try out all of the new and updated apps. Getting to cut my first Red MX 4K project in X and highly looking forward to it. And for the record, I absolutely loath having to wait for transcoding on output as the primary method of exporting a la PrP. I am sure there are lots of features of PrP that I will really like though. FCP X may be a backwards step feature-wise as it needs to mature, but a huge forward step otherwise (opinion of course). Smoke's up next.

Competition is good for all of us!

Tangier

Posts IndexRead Thread
Reply   Like  
Share on Facebook

Current Message Thread:

LOGIN TO REPLY

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]