Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
FORUMS:listlist (w/ descriptions)archivetagssearchhall of famerecent posts

Re: Premiere Pro CS 6.0: First Impressions

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro

FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Share on Facebook
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Bret WilliamsRe: Premiere Pro CS 6.0: First Impressions
by on May 8, 2012 at 6:02:26 am

Who is doing all this transcoding other than Legacy FCP users? Avid has a great AMA system that uses just about anything, FCP X uses most formats natively. And Smoke does as well doesn't it? Avid and X are ready for output upon completion of sequence. Not sure about Smoke. And it's not like you don't have to render during the edit with premiere, it's just to some bizarre mpeg 2 codec. And with Premiere you could have After Effects sequences nested right there. They could take all day to recompress if they're complex enough. (one of the reasons I never round tripped Motion - it took 10 times longer to render within an FCP 7 sequence than it did to render to a file).

I think Premiere 6 is worth a look, and I have the Master Collection anyway so I'll be paying my $29 a month and seeing how it goes. Still looking for that next system. Might just end up being a FCP X, CS6, Smoke suite.

Posts IndexRead Thread
Reply   Like  
Share on Facebook

Current Message Thread:

LOGIN TO REPLY

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]