Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
FORUMS:listlist (w/ descriptions)archivetagssearchhall of famerecent posts

Re: Premiere Pro CS 6.0: First Impressions

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro

FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Share on Facebook
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Robert BrownRe: Premiere Pro CS 6.0: First Impressions
by on May 8, 2012 at 5:15:19 am

It's possible that there's no perfect solution for this import export thing. But I will say this. I'm working on a project with TONS of MTS files. PPro 5.5 was doing terrible with it to the point where I thought I'd transcode everything and edit in FCP 7 or Avid. But there are 50 interviews with multiple cameras and some close to an hour. I have no idea how much space that would take as well as time to transcode to ProRes. I load it up in 6 and it plays perfectly. That's a huge saving of time and drive space not having to trancode.

I guess this might be a matter of client re-education which we all know can be slow and painful but it still does seem like there must be some sort of solution to pre-render stuff so it doesn't have to render EVERYTHING at the end. Hopefully Adobe can figure that out. Seems lie it would be a codec thing.

Robert Brown
Editor/VFX/Colorist - FCP, Smoke, Quantel Pablo, After Effects, 3DS MAX, Premiere Pro

http://vimeo.com/user3987510/videos

Posts IndexRead Thread
Reply   Like  
Share on Facebook

Current Message Thread:

LOGIN TO REPLY

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]