Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
FORUMS:listlist (w/ descriptions)archivetagssearchhall of famerecent posts

Re: @Andrew Richards

COW Forums : Autodesk Smoke

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Share on Facebook
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

David CherniackRe: @Andrew Richards
by on Apr 17, 2012 at 7:27:55 pm

[Ronald Lindeboom] "When was Discreet (and later Autodesk) EVER the low-priced option? I bought a Media 100 back in 1994 because it not only had the best picture out there but was also something I could afford. I couldn't afford either Discreet or Avid."

I remember the users who I knew all felt that its poor sales were mostly because it was overpriced by 50-100% and when those who paid for it, and believed in it, felt that it was overpriced, it probably was. I think it was selling for 2.5k in that time frame.

[Ronald Lindeboom] "I thought that Paul's declaration was just plain stupid -- if they really were talking about killing it. But as I was not a part of the decision making process, I simply do not know the real truth. I can have my thoughts but that is just what they are. If someone were to walk up and put a gun to my head and ask me to bet my life on if Paul were lying, I wouldn't know what to bet. I simply am not that sure. I think he probably lied but I do not really know."

I can't say if he was lying either. He just looked like a man with the shakes who couldn't wait to get out of there.

David
AllinOneFilms.com

Posts IndexRead Thread
Reply   Like  
Share on Facebook

Current Message Thread:

LOGIN TO REPLY

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]