Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
FORUMS:listlist (w/ descriptions)archivetagssearchhall of famerecent posts

@greg gilpatrick

COW Forums : Art of the Edit

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Share on Facebook
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Jeremy Garchow@greg gilpatrick
by on Apr 17, 2012 at 4:07:40 pm

For me personally, I'm not really scared of learning a new interface. I have been watching old demos of Smoke, and it is certainly different, but it is also very powerful. I will welcome it if it I can get things done in a higher quality/more efficient/better (maybe not faster) way. We've had to do it from the camera side, so the post side will be the same. They are just tools and if it takes a while to get to know them, I am Ok with that, especially if it grows our capability and know-how.

Even though I am not working on feature films, it seems that more and more that clients ask for what ends up being VFX type of work. Removing logos, definite keying, tracking and match moves, and of course there's color correction. I'm mainly an editor, but I have to become more and more a jack of all trades. I am not a colorist, but I do have to grade, I'm not a VFX artist, but I do have to track things every once in a while, and I also have to composite green screen. If Smoke allows me to do that pretty well in one application, I'll be looking at it with a keen eye.

Also, is the gestural/swipe capabilities still in it? That looked pretty sweet, especially since I am 100% Wacom based already. Along with the new Wacom 5 that has hand gestures, it seems like it would be very useful.

Jeremy

Posts IndexRead Thread
Reply   Like  
Share on Facebook

Current Message Thread:

LOGIN TO REPLY

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]