Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
FORUMS:listlist (w/ descriptions)archivetagssearchhall of famerecent posts

@Tom Daigon

COW Forums : Autodesk Smoke

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Share on Facebook
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

walter biscardi@Tom Daigon
by on Apr 17, 2012 at 8:35:11 am

Tom, seriously your derision of the iMac is just silly when the entire show floor at NAB is full of them. I get it, you don't like iMacs and you want to tell everyone that we must have Big Iron systems to get the most out of the new software. That's great, go buy the biggest baddest system out there, put 100GB of RAM in there, 5 nVidia cards and go to town.

Smoke 2013 is kicking ass on the 27" iMac in the booth. Adobe CS6 runs great on my two year old 27" iMac at home. Avid Media Composer 6 runs great on my two year old 27" iMac at home.

The point is, the 27" iMac is a GREAT editing workstation and for the price of your one Big Iron system, I'll be able to install at least three iMacs. For my business that means I'm running three suites on an hourly charge earning a return on investment much quicker than three Big Iron systems.

You don't want one. I get it, you don't need to keep repeating that.

Walter Biscardi, Jr.
Editor, Colorist, Director, Writer, Consultant, Author, Chef.
HD Post and Production
Biscardi Creative Media

"This American Land" - our new PBS Series.

Blog Twitter Facebook

Posts IndexRead Thread
Reply   Like  
Share on Facebook

Current Message Thread:

LOGIN TO REPLY

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]