Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
FORUMS:listlist (w/ descriptions)archivetagssearchhall of famerecent posts

@John Grilli

COW Forums : NAB Expo

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Share on Facebook
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

walter biscardi@John Grilli
by on Apr 17, 2012 at 8:31:28 am

"The best predictor of future behavior is past behavior"
Have all of you forgotten about Discreet Edit? Autodesk just like Apple dropped it at it's peak and left all of it's users in the lurch to find another editing toolset. All this price point says to me is that high end post facilities better start thinking about lowering their rates or getting rid of overhead as this toolset just became available to anyone with an Imac. Good Luck.

And have you forgotten how Adobe abandoned the Mac Platform for several years? And how Avid all but abandoned the Mac platform for years?

In other words, we all got burned by something along the way. I got seriously burned by Apple just making a 180 degree turn for no apparent reason other than "they could."

If you want to keep holding a grudge for things that happened years ago, that's definitely your perogative. But as the only constant in life is change, you deal with the here and now. The here and now for me is going to be purchasing four seats of Avid Symphony when I get back to Atlanta and then getting Smoke 2013 into some serious testing as soon as we can get our hands on it. And of course we'll have Adobe CS6 Production Suite installed all around. So in the end, we're going to be covered from all bases no matter what walks in the door.

I'm just excited to have all of these choices and not having to invest a ton of money into "Big Iron" systems just to run them. Running iMacs all around will allow me to maintain my same rate structure while enhancing the clients' overall experience with our facility because we will not be limited by any one tool. Whatever they need, we'll deliver it to them on their budget.

Walter Biscardi, Jr.
Editor, Colorist, Director, Writer, Consultant, Author, Chef.
HD Post and Production
Biscardi Creative Media

"This American Land" - our new PBS Series.

Blog Twitter Facebook

Posts IndexRead Thread
Reply   Like  
Share on Facebook

Current Message Thread:

LOGIN TO REPLY

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]