Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
FORUMS:listlist (w/ descriptions)archivetagssearchhall of famerecent posts

Re: @Walter Biscardi: Yes, Autodesk Smoke 2013 Changes Everything

COW Forums : Autodesk Smoke

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Share on Facebook
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Robert BrownRe: @Walter Biscardi: Yes, Autodesk Smoke 2013 Changes Everything
by on Apr 17, 2012 at 3:25:53 am

[Josh Weiss] "As someone who spent a few months learning and testing smoke 2012, I can say that it seems like Autodesk has really listened."

Yeah I'm definitely curious and will probably buy this at some point. Not sure why I'm not more exited about it. Maybe I'm burnt out on amazing new software releases or editing in general at the moment. But I'm a free lancer so I have to use what clients buy. If a ton of people buy these then great as I'm sure I'll be right in there since I know the old Smoke. And it also depends on what I'm working on. Right now I'm doing offline on Avid and I don't think anything out there is better than Avid for that. Give me a conform job and I'll take Smoke any day.

But looking at the videos it does look like a lot of the same old modules and I'm curious to see exactly how much of it is "easier". It wouldn't be hard to make the timeline easier. How do you make Action or Batch easier? I could offer some ideas on that. But I hope it's a hit and people buy tons of them. AD already had all of the pieces in place - unlike Adobe - they just had to simplify things.

Robert Brown
Editor/VFX/Colorist - FCP, Smoke, Quantel Pablo, After Effects, 3DS MAX, Premiere Pro

http://vimeo.com/user3987510/videos

Posts IndexRead Thread
Reply   Like  
Share on Facebook

Current Message Thread:

LOGIN TO REPLY

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]