Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
FORUMS:listlist (w/ descriptions)archivetagssearchhall of famerecent posts

@David Lawrence

COW Forums : COW - Tutorials

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Share on Facebook
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Tim Wilson@David Lawrence
by on Apr 16, 2012 at 9:12:47 pm

Agreed, David.

I think that Apple will also go further down the Air road. If past history is any indication, HP will announce new mobile workstations any day now, but the one currently available has the option to have the internal drive be a 128 or 256MB SSD drive, and yes, a full-bore Dreamcolor display. Timmy like!

It being HP, you can have a second drive if you want it, whether typical eSata or another SSD. I actually like this route a lot for myself, and would probably stick with the single 128gig-er. I'm working with fewer and fewer local files, and this makes a lot of sense. When I need "the rest of my stuff," it's on a 3TB USB2 drive that I got for $189...but I use that maybe once a month.

In fact, I found myself looking at the HP mobile workstation and thinking, why the heck can't I buy one without an internal optical drive? HP makes a nifty bus-powered USB THREE optical drive for $99. My wife has one for her HP consumer dawg (the Folio 13, which kicks ASS), and it kicks ASS.

So I imagine a MacPro Air kinda deal for the desktop, integrated with iCloud, with Thunderbolt for 10gigE and all kinds of storage IO with adapters being shown today. Much more appealing to me than a tower.

Give me internal power, connectivity, upgradeability, and strip the rest of that sh^t out.

Tim Wilson
Associate Publisher, Editor-in-Chief
Creative COW Magazine
Twitter: timdoubleyou

Posts IndexRead Thread
Reply   Like  
Share on Facebook

Current Message Thread:

LOGIN TO REPLY

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy