Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
FORUMS:listlist (w/ descriptions)archivetagssearchhall of famerecent posts

@Ronald Lindeboom

COW Forums : NAB Expo

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Share on Facebook
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Jeremy Garchow@Ronald Lindeboom
by on Apr 16, 2012 at 7:10:43 pm

Ron said:

"The one that really surprised me was Apple closing the door on FCP Legacy. It was profitable and it had a huge audience. Killing it made absolutely no sense to me."

Final Cut Studio was based on a Quicktime architecture that is ceasing to exist. Besides the money part of the equation (profit center) I think that Apple faced a similar decision to what you described for Edit. Final Cut Studio was very long in the tooth. Sure, it had some strengths in its XML architecture, but it certainly needed a massive ground up rewrite. It's too bad they released FCPX in the state that it's in, but it's getting better every release. Once people start to play with these new tools from Autodesk/Adobe and start to experience what a truly modern architecture will feel like, FCS3 will very quickly fall by the wayside. It was time to put the era of FCS3 behind all of us. It had an awesome run.

Posts IndexRead Thread
Reply   Like  
Share on Facebook

Current Message Thread:

LOGIN TO REPLY

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]