Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
FORUMS:listlist (w/ descriptions)archivetagssearchhall of famerecent posts

Re: @Robert Brown

COW Forums : NAB Expo

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Share on Facebook
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Robert BrownRe: @Robert Brown
by on Apr 16, 2012 at 6:38:29 am

I'm totally interested in seeing it but I've also banged my head into Smoke for the last few years and it's gotten easier and easier but it's a serious system and it's taken a while to get the nuances and for many projects AE just seems much easier. I'll just have to take a look at it and see if all of the old nuisances are really gone. I don't know how much Smoke experience you've had but it could make some simple things really difficult and do some hard things easily.

Also a big thing to know about Autodesk/Discreet is they change their software more aggressively than any company I've ever seen. A new version will come out and all of the sudden you can't figure out how to insert audio into the timeline. I'm not kidding in 2012 they added stereo tracks and unless you knew what they had done you would sit there and look stupid trying to do one of the most basic functions of editing. And they've been doing this kind of thing for years. This button that used to be here is now over there. They just can't leave stuff alone.

I like Smoke but I still believe there are numerous ways you can achieve the same result. But Smoke has been strong for quite some time as far as having a lot of tools right out of the box. It will be interesting to actually do something with it and see how it all works.

Robert Brown
Editor/VFX/Colorist - FCP, Smoke, Quantel Pablo, After Effects, 3DS MAX, Premiere Pro

http://vimeo.com/user3987510/videos

Posts IndexRead Thread
Reply   Like  
Share on Facebook

Current Message Thread:

LOGIN TO REPLY

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]