Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
FORUMS:listlist (w/ descriptions)archivetagssearchhall of famerecent posts

@Tom Daigon

COW Forums : Art of the Edit

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Share on Facebook
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

walter biscardi@Tom Daigon
by on Apr 16, 2012 at 5:06:01 am

I'm pretty sure you'll need a 64 bit capable machine, that removes some of our early Mac Pros but we already found that out in Avid testing so those are all due to be replaced.

Not sure what you have against editing on an iMac, but we're going to adding quite a few to our facility along with some Big Iron machines for heavy lifting, Resolve and ProTools. We've been editing on iMacs with our Small Tree Shared Storage solution for over 5 years now and they're rock solid storytelling machines.

Now with Smoke 2013 suddenly they're incredible storytelling machines with an awesome visual effects engine and color grading along with more tools. It's absolutely insane how much we can do with these smaller machines now, so I'm going to spend my money wisely by putting the Big Iron where it absolutely needs to be in our situation and go iMac all around.

It's funny because some folks thought I had inside knowledge of Smoke 2013 before I wrote that article about considering iMacs. Nope. I was just lucky to have been going down the same path as Smoke.

The Autodesk team has truly listened, REALLY listened to what professional video editors wanted in an NLE from top to bottom. Blown away that they pulled this off without any of us knowing about it.

Walter Biscardi, Jr.
Editor, Colorist, Director, Writer, Consultant, Author, Chef.
HD Post and Production
Biscardi Creative Media

"This American Land" - our new PBS Series.

Blog Twitter Facebook

Posts IndexRead Thread
Reply   Like  
Share on Facebook

Current Message Thread:

LOGIN TO REPLY

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]