Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
FORUMS:listlist (w/ descriptions)archivetagssearchhall of famerecent posts

@Robert Brown

COW Forums : NAB Expo

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Share on Facebook
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

walter biscardi@Robert Brown
by on Apr 16, 2012 at 4:34:49 am

Robert, with the new Connect FX, Smoke's full compositing and motion graphics capabilities are just unbelieveable. The speed of the darn thing is amazing and that was just running off an iMac today.

The nodes just make sense and are so much faster than the filter stacks I'm used to in AE and you get instant feedback on all the filters you place. As for third party filters, I believe they are planning to open this up to more third party vendors.

The biggest thing Autodesk got right is this is now a package that my editors can pick up in a matter of hours. For straight editing, they'll literally jump right in. For the rest of the package, they'll just have to figure out what the buttons are and how the order of the nodes affects the final look. So this is a tool I could just put into a finishing room and all of my Avid editors will be able to learn this and jump right into the application as needed.

Beyond that, it's just practicing more to really push the software. But I can definitely see us putting Smoke in all our primary suites as the end to end tool for a lot of our work moving forward.

However, this thing works brilliantly with any NLE you have so you can continue to use what you have and just add Smoke to the toolbox.

Walter Biscardi, Jr.
Editor, Colorist, Director, Writer, Consultant, Author, Chef.
HD Post and Production
Biscardi Creative Media

"This American Land" - our new PBS Series.

Blog Twitter Facebook

Posts IndexRead Thread
Reply   Like  
Share on Facebook

Current Message Thread:

LOGIN TO REPLY

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]