Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
FORUMS:listlist (w/ descriptions)archivetagssearchhall of famerecent posts

Re: What a Long, Strange Year It's Been!

COW Forums : AVID

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Share on Facebook
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Adam HainRe: What a Long, Strange Year It's Been!
by on Feb 1, 2012 at 8:12:41 am

Walter,
Great article! You, along with the other posts, have distilled a disappointing attitude in Apple towards their most devout, albeit less profitable market. As mentioned this may have a ripple effect in the years to come - as creatives using Macs inspired the DIY spirit of "prosumers" to buy their own Macs and software.
Realistically, if Apple no longer competes, Avid and Adobe will succeed. They make great products - as FCP has been for years.
Avid has had great success lowering the price of Pro Tools - and with Pro Tools 9 opening to different machines. Avid, Pro Tools (and the associated hardware) had been cost prohibitive for many compared to FCP. I have no problem switching to an open Avid, an Adobe suite or whatever works best for getting projects done.
Apple seems to have actually made it more difficult with FCP X! I don't want 3rd party plug-ins to do things I already did in FCP 7.
If this is Apple's attitude towards the post community, then Avid and Adobe have a chance to really wow this customer base and I think they will. I agree that it would be ill-fated to trust Apple at this point though.

Posts IndexRead Thread
Reply   Like  
Share on Facebook

Current Message Thread:

LOGIN TO REPLY

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]