Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
FORUMS:listlist (w/ descriptions)archivetagssearchhall of famerecent posts

Re: What a Long, Strange Year It's Been!

COW Forums : Cinematography

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Share on Facebook
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

walter biscardiRe: What a Long, Strange Year It's Been!
by on Jan 29, 2012 at 5:10:36 pm

[Phil Hoppes] "Again, I'm simply confused by the confusion. It's very clear to me what Apple did and why they did it and had I been in their shoes to make the decision, I would have done the same thing. "

Most of the confusion and anger towards Apple across all forums is that Apple has never come out and admitted that their primary target is the general public and the "masses," not the professional post production market in the traditional sense. I'm sure some in Apple figured the entire industry would pivot along with their thinking and some are, most are not.

There are folks out there who seem to think Apple "needs the pro market" for some reason to survive. They don't and quite honestly they don't care. But when you take a product that has been the lifeblood of production for many, and helped many hundreds if not thousands of people across the globe, yours truly included, start and grow their own businesses, and then suddenly throw out that entire workflow, well you can understand the confusion. For me it was crystal clear in April of last year during the "sneak peek" that there was no immediate future for me with FCP X and I made it pretty clear in the podcast and subsequent articles why. As I said, once the blinders came off, I realized just how different both Adobe and Avid were since the last time I really played with them over 10 years ago. It's quite simple to transition over to either of them at this point.

Others choose to hold on with the hope that "Apple is going to bring back everything we need" to make it work. Apple isn't, they're not going to waste time and money to redevelop something they killed. Just like the iPad and iPhone model, 3rd party developers are making plug-ins, add on apps and such to add features back in.

Whatever works for you, make it work, I'm going down my path and while keeping an eye on the developments of X, I'm not overly concerned with what Apple is or is not doing. I'm most concerned with what my client needs are right now and what we need in house to deliver that.

Walter Biscardi, Jr.
Editor, Colorist, Director, Writer, Consultant, Author, Chef.
HD Post and Production
Biscardi Creative Media

"This American Land" - our new PBS Series.

Blog Twitter Facebook

Posts IndexRead Thread
Reply   Like  
Share on Facebook

Current Message Thread:

LOGIN TO REPLY

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]