Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
FORUMS:listlist (w/ descriptions)archivetagssearchhall of famerecent posts

Re: What a Long, Strange Year It's Been!

COW Forums : Decks & VTRs

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Share on Facebook
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Mark DobsonRe: What a Long, Strange Year It's Been!
by on Jan 27, 2012 at 6:16:29 am

Thanks for that Walter.

Great essay.

I'm a big dead fan, you'll hear me in the background of the London Lyceum recordings of 1972 and that gives an indication that I'm no spring chicken. And luckily just as my dad survived the 2nd world war I survived the psychedelic minefields of the late 60's.

So having spent many years learning FCP7 and the array of outboard bits and pieces you need to make a small Apple based NLE set up work I like many others was totally taken aback by the launch of FCPX.

But also excited. I made a commitment to learn the new software and it's been a frustrating but ultimately rewarding experience which is only now really starting to pay off. I'm definitely not saying it's faster, the freezes, pauses and crashes definitely hold it back. But it is slowly revealing itself to be a far deeper bit of software than my first impressions led me to believe.

I totally see why editors like yourself are, or have, switched software providers and platforms. I can't see anybody in top end studio production being able to work collaboratively with this software.

And collaboration is at the heart of this whole debate. With FCPX the inter connectivity was been stripped out.

I'm going to see where the next upgrade is going to take us. The depth of the next release will surely give a fair representation of whether Apple is committed to adding missing core features back into to the software, of having listened to the outrage.

Posts IndexRead Thread
Reply   Like  
Share on Facebook

Current Message Thread:

LOGIN TO REPLY

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]