Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
FORUMS:listlist (w/ descriptions)archivetagssearchhall of famerecent posts

@Real World Editing: From Avid to FCP and Back Again

COW Forums : Art of the Edit

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Share on Facebook
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Leon Unger@Real World Editing: From Avid to FCP and Back Again
by on Jan 15, 2012 at 4:15:54 am

The big problem here is like was said , the bacwards compatibility by Apple . Other participant here said a inportant thing. Beggining in OS Lion X that do not have support for sttemping 7 from XEON.He left all Apple aofteare. He did the rigth move. So other issue is the limitation of the processors cores of Lion X. I have a dual opteron Interlagos with 32 cores in total,256 Gbytes RAM, 12 TB raid0, 1024 cuda cores,( my main board have support for two more processors) running under windows 8 X64, even in pre beta status already obtain with new Kernel, full of the new interlagos(Buldozer core), performance,from AMD . The new Windows 8 kernel is capable to use 4 physical procesors no matter the number of cores in each processor . Lion X ? ha Ha! No Ivy Bridge support ! My machine from Titanius computer costs $17K dolars... IF! IF! IF! Apple will have a hardware near of it will costs more than $50K
My point is that we have to think and move forward. The Lion X OS is limited, built based an old linux system, FCP7, FCS is a old 32 bits APP, limited in 4 GBytres of file size and memory, and use only 4 processors. FCPx is limited by limitations of Lion.
So is time to move on, leave behind all jurassic hardware and software from Apple .The Pro apps apple site is the same since 2009.( http://www.apple.com/pro ) In this site is still talking about Obamas elect campaign... The men is about to leave presidency ... Forguet about Apple.Pro apps divison represents only 3% of pple revenue. It will nor suprises me if pro divison cease operations in near future. Apple today is a Gadget IOS company, not more. They are concerned by the Chinese companies that makes IPAD by the 1/10 of the cost.

Posts IndexRead Thread
Reply   Like  
+1
Share on Facebook

Current Message Thread:

LOGIN TO REPLY

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]