Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
FORUMS:listlist (w/ descriptions)archivetagssearchhall of famerecent posts

Re: Real World Editing: From Avid to FCP and Back Again

COW Forums : Creative COW Magazine feedback

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Share on Facebook
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Robert ShaverRe: Real World Editing: From Avid to FCP and Back Again
by on Jan 14, 2012 at 11:26:21 pm

"Don't forget Apple aren't the only company to drop support for software or hardware."

No, but they are the worst of the lot, IMHO.

Make no mistake, Apple makes the finest computer hardware I've ever seen. (It's build quality is similar to the military avionics I've worked on in the past.) Their OS since OSX it excellent as well. But their business policies on backward compatibility has got to be the worst I've encountered starting with the Apple 2e and forward.

So I'm not at all surprised by them pulling the rug out from under the pro apps. (Where's Shake gone?) And frankly they will make more money with FCP-X sold to home-movie editors than they will ever make with the pro apps. So this may be their best option from the profit/stockholders perspective.

It's disappointing but, if you've been paying attention it shouldn't be all that surprising.

Me, I'm moving to Adobe on the Mac for now but my next hardware upgrade will be to a Windows 7 64 bit OS.

OUT-OF-THE-BOX-IDEA
I think a consortium of professional media software companies should define an open source OS like BSD or Linux and build all their apps to work on that. Then we could leave Microsoft and Apple behind. (OS-X is built on BSD so it should be good enough.)

Posts IndexRead Thread
Reply   Like  
Share on Facebook

Current Message Thread:

LOGIN TO REPLY

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]