Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
FORUMS:listlist (w/ descriptions)archivetagssearchhall of famerecent posts

Re: @Real World Editing: From Avid to FCP and Back Again

COW Forums : Business & Marketing

FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Share on Facebook
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Don WalkerRe: @Real World Editing: From Avid to FCP and Back Again
by on Jan 14, 2012 at 10:12:09 pm

[Rob Porta] "Maybe Steve Jobs is the only one who can run Apple. Looks like things started to fall apart when his health kept him away from the day to day."

After reading the biography, I have to believe that the overall FPCX design, the behavior at NAB, and the resulting killing off of FCS, were a direct result of Steve's way of doing things. I would even bet that both the decision to take over the Super Meet and the decision to kill 7 were made by Steve and no one else.
Steve Jobs was a genius artist, whose tenacity translated into good fortunes for Apple, but he didn't care about other people's needs if it got in the way of his "Art". IMHO. I say that as a 26 year editor who loves FCPX.

I think going forward we will slowly see a more friendly corporate attitude from Apple, hopefully not at the expense of truly great products.

don walker
texarkana, texas

John 3:16

Posts IndexRead Thread
Reply   Like  
Share on Facebook

Current Message Thread:

LOGIN TO REPLY

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]