Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
FORUMS:listlist (w/ descriptions)archivetagssearchhall of famerecent posts

Re: Article: Real World Editing: From Avid to FCP and Back Again

COW Forums : AVID

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Share on Facebook
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Joseph OwensRe: Article: Real World Editing: From Avid to FCP and Back Again
by on Jan 13, 2012 at 5:35:15 pm

[tony west] "Why even go to this guy with your product if you don't care about him?

Why go to NAB?"

Delusions of a captive client, client-base? We have testaments that they even ignored their own beta-testers.

And although Apple did come to Las Vegas, it wasn't for the NAB exhibit show; they already hadn't been there for years, not since the first Final Cut Suite/COLOR rollout. Their purpose was to generate a webvert full of whooping SuperMeet fanbois, and as I recall, although there was a smattering of the usual Bible-tent "enthusiasm", an odd split seemed to develop in the room as the presentation went on. I don't think they got what they wanted.

Personally, I thought the presenters had merely neglected to read their own manual with some of the new, revolutionary processes they were describing already available or easily attainable in FCP7. LIke the left hand had no idea what the right was up to. There were a number of technical glitches, even though it was sort of explained away as only a demo of the partitions that had been locked. Oh well, it was just beta software, whatever, and appears to remain so.

What I thought was ironic about the Supermeet was that the big door prize that attracted the majority of raffle ticket sales was the full-on Resolve system, which the organizers wisely partitioned off into its own category.

Its probably not worth mentioning, but the left hand side of the Supermeet audience, which seemed to exhibit the coolest reception to FCX, did not win one single prize from the overall raffle. Coincidence?

jPo

You mean "Old Ben"? Ben Kenobi?

Posts IndexRead Thread
Reply   Like  
Share on Facebook

Current Message Thread:

LOGIN TO REPLY

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]