Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
FORUMS:listlist (w/ descriptions)archivetagssearchhall of famerecent posts

Re: Article: Steve Jobs - A Personal Calendar Entry

COW Forums : Apple Garage Band

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Share on Facebook
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Kevin PatrickRe: Article: Steve Jobs - A Personal Calendar Entry
by on Dec 2, 2011 at 1:19:39 pm

I just started reading it myself. I have to give Steve credit for deciding to have someone write it. He's always been a fairly private guy and yet this book pretty much tells it like it was. It doesn't seem like anyone pulled any punches in this book.

I give him credit for his passion and his vision, which it seems pretty much stuck with him throughout his career. But I'm not sure I could have worked for him. Or if I did, if I would have lasted.

One thing that surprised me when I was reading it was that Steve, from the very beginning was an anti-Mac Pro guy. Woz wanted to make a computer with expansion slots so users could customize their Apple product. Steve disagreed. He wanted it to be more like an appliance. He drove this passionately with the Macintosh. No user expandable options. In fact, he made sure it was closed up with a tool the average consumer didn't have. (torx I think) I know, I bought a Mac in 1984, replacing my dual floppy IBM PC. When he came back to Apple, he relaunched the Macintosh closed system appliance the iMac.

You'd think that if Apple was going to get rid of an expandable product like the Mac Pro, Steve would have made sure of it.

Yet here we are, after Steve's passing pondering the fate of a computer Steve was not particularly fond of.

Posts IndexRead Thread
Reply   Like  
Share on Facebook

Current Message Thread:

LOGIN TO REPLY

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]