Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
FORUMS:listlist (w/ descriptions)archivetagssearchhall of famerecent posts

@Douglas Bowker

COW Forums : Decks & VTRs

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Share on Facebook
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Ronald Lindeboom@Douglas Bowker
by on Nov 30, 2011 at 6:45:29 pm

Hugo was both a marvelous story and a great use of 3D. Like you, Douglas, I felt that the 3D advanced the story and anyone who watches it in 2D because they "don't like 3D movies," is doing themselves a disservice. I still think that people are being overly conservative with 3D because they are afraid to cross the line of gimmickry, and Martin Scorsese did better than most. But in order of my 3D favorites that advanced the technology, I would have to say that Legend of the Guardians: The Owls of Ga'hoole and How to Train Your Dragon are one and two and Hugo comes into 3rd place for me, Avatar and everything else comes in after that. But the ARRI Alexa looked great on the big screen and proves to me that just like James Cameron shooting on 1080, you do not have to have 5K to make a great looking movie.

Best regards,

Ronald Lindeboom
CEO, Creative COW LLC
Publisher, Creative COW Magazine
A 2011 FOLIO: 40 honoree as one of the 40 most influential publishers in America
http://www.creativecow.net

Creativity is a process wherein the student and the teacher are located in the same individual.

"Incompetence has never prevented me from plunging in with enthusiasm."
- Woody Allen

Posts IndexRead Thread
Reply   Like  
Share on Facebook

Current Message Thread:

LOGIN TO REPLY

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]