Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
FORUMS:listlist (w/ descriptions)archivetagssearchhall of famerecent posts

Re: Film Fading to Black

COW Forums : Creative COW Magazine feedback

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Share on Facebook
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Luis Villalon-MeunierRe: Film Fading to Black
by on Oct 14, 2011 at 4:57:21 pm

I've been shooting film for the last 42 years but as of late, all my jobs have been shot digitally. Will I miss film? Of course!. I have shot commercials with a 40 year old 35mm Arri IIc with Zeiss lenses with no problems. Will an Alexa or Red be relevant in 3 years or will we have to buy a new model every 6 months like an I-Phone? I have to confess that I have seen a lot of recent films where I have no clue if they shot film or digital. But, all of them were shot by talented experienced pros that used the same crews, lighting, composition and techniques as if on film. What scares me the most is the new generation of film dilettantes that believe you can make a film over the weekend with your brother in law as crew, no lights with an ISO of 6400. Film had its long run. We can't sit and cry about its demise, but we have to remember that just because digital is cheaper and readily available to anyone all the laws of aesthetics can be bypassed. Image making is still a craft that you don't learn by turning a camera on.

LuisV

Posts IndexRead Thread
Reply   Like  
+1
Share on Facebook

Current Message Thread:

LOGIN TO REPLY

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]