Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
FORUMS:listlist (w/ descriptions)archivetagssearchhall of famerecent posts

Re: Film Fading to Black

COW Forums : Creative COW Magazine feedback

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Share on Facebook
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Charles O. SlavensRe: Film Fading to Black
by on Oct 12, 2011 at 2:28:46 pm

Wow! This is amazing. When we entered the "film" business in the mid sixties it was a mature, more-or-less, stabilized industry. It hadn't basically changed since its inception, baring technical advances in film stock and improved cameras. But the entire art form rested on moving a chemically treated piece of plastic one frame at a time behind a lens mounted on a dark box. Then, you sat in a bigger dark box and reversed the process as the images captured on that piece of plastic were projected on a white wall.

Painting, sculpture, poetry and prose have been with us since the first cave paintings, which are how old.... I think the latest estimate is 35,000 years. What is so poignant and sad about film's brief moment is that it took the combined efforts of so many skilled and talented people and a high level of artistry by everyone to bring it to life.

For me it was always the process of creation that was the most thrilling, not the end result itself. In addition to capturing the original images, the most satisfying moments were transitions between scenes and making them work smoothly and flawlessly, moving the story forward. That is why today, I still enjoy just standing near it all....Charles O. Slavens

Charles O. Slavens
The apparent is never the real.

Posts IndexRead Thread
Reply   Like  
Share on Facebook

Current Message Thread:

LOGIN TO REPLY

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]