Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
FORUMS:listlist (w/ descriptions)archivetagssearchhall of famerecent posts

Re: Film Fading to Black

COW Forums : Creative COW Magazine feedback

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Share on Facebook
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Jiggy GatonRe: Film Fading to Black
by on Oct 12, 2011 at 12:53:48 am

I agree with David above! Interesting read. But I've read so many like, only the authors and the media keep changing: paper (as in office), paper (as in books), photographic film, DV tape, tape (as in music), Vinyl, and now film film.

To me all of the above is dead. But I am just a producer / user. Another interesting angle might be to look at archivists, to see if they are dying ...or growing. They are the ones who will have to eventually deal with all these legacy formats, and my guess is that might be dwindling in numbers as well. But I have no data on that... and I've only met a handful of archivists in my lifetime - for any media type.

And I've never met a kid in high school or college who told me, "when I grow up I want to be an archivist."

So if there are no archivists left at some point in the future, isn't "fill in the blank__ is dead" a mute point. In this future, everything is dead as soon as a new media is released and adopted by producers. The world's knowledge in words and pictures and sounds becomes a rolling ball collecting bits as it moves forward, and losing bits as it bounces down the steep hill of eternity. Oh well...

Phoenix Studios Nepal: A small A/V Production House in Kathmandu.

Posts IndexRead Thread
Reply   Like  
Share on Facebook

Current Message Thread:

LOGIN TO REPLY

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]