Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
FORUMS:listlist (w/ descriptions)archivetagssearchhall of famerecent posts

Re: A Few Clarifications (Please Read)

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro basics

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Share on Facebook
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Ian BaileyRe: A Few Clarifications (Please Read)
by on Jun 23, 2011 at 1:03:21 pm

The way I see it, Apple's crime is poor communication. They just haven't given us the info you need to deal with this new app. It's clearly a beta release, this should have been explicit. They should have been up-front about what's missing. They should give us an idea of when the missing features will be returned. (Before Xmas would be nice.) Will certain features require Lion? Will Final Cut Server be a cloud service?

Having said all that I doubt Apple have got it wrong, they know who their customers and potential customers are. Remember Final Cut Pro 1.0? It was a 'screw you, oldies' app. It wasn't for the Avid pros, but marketed at the DV camera and firewire drive crowd. It made you want to punch the air and shout, 'Screw you, oldies! This is an NLE for me!' This was for the new generation of film-makers who were still at college, had just left college, wanted to go freelance or start their own company. FCP X is exactly the same, but now us FCP veterans are the oldies. This is for the DSLR crowd and soon to be RED Scarlet crowd. It's brash, arrogant and aimed entirely at the next generation of film-makers. I suspect the future is in safe hands.

Posts IndexRead Thread
Reply   Like  
+1
Share on Facebook

Current Message Thread:

LOGIN TO REPLY

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]