Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
FORUMS:listlist (w/ descriptions)archivetagssearchhall of famerecent posts

Re: Final Cut Pro X: What's Missing for Some Pros

COW Forums : Apple FCPX or Not: The Debate

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Share on Facebook
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Bill KellyRe: Final Cut Pro X: What's Missing for Some Pros
by on Jun 23, 2011 at 2:37:08 am

I planned on waiting for a couple months after X came out before I went and bought it. I was expecting it to be a more robust (read...professional) app when it came out, I won't lie about that.

However, even if it had everything that we wanted and expected it to be, first versions of any new software are buggy. Hence, my apprehension and willingness to wait.

Also, we all knew that any 3rd party plugins that we used regularly in our workflow would be unusable until the developers brought 64 bit versions to market. A user would have to start up FCP 7, import their video, apply the effect, and then export any video that they wanted to use with that filter in X. Whole lot of extra work. That's another factor in my decision to wait.

I'm really hoping Apple hasn't abandoned the professional editors out there. I'm willing to give them a little time to wipe the egg off their collective faces, give us some reassuring PR releases, and then back up what they say by giving us the tremendous product we were all hoping for.

Posts IndexRead Thread
Reply   Like  
+2
Share on Facebook

Current Message Thread:

LOGIN TO REPLY

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]