Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
FORUMS:listlist (w/ descriptions)archivetagssearchhall of famerecent posts

Re: @Warren Eig

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro basics

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Share on Facebook
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Tom BrooksRe: @Warren Eig
by on Jun 14, 2011 at 8:08:29 pm

David, I'm not sure if this is off the topic here or not, but I'm looking for advice. I'm currently running Final Cut 6.0.6. I have been using a good old reliable G5. Now, I badly need not only to catch up with the current OS and Final Cut version, but another workstation as well. That said, all this change is making me hesitant to buy now. Why hesitate? The reason being that several of the key Apple products I need are at the transition point from the old model to the new one--specifically the Mac Pro and Final Cut.

Is there a compelling reason to hold out for the new Mac Pros, which might have Thunderbolt, or can I get the same functionality just as good and cheap in a current box without Thunderbolt? In other words, is Thunderbolt likely to be a revolution in terms of cost and function, or just a more convenient way to connect things?

Should I get FC7 now, even though it's at the end of its life cycle or just continue with 6.0.6 until FCX (or Premiere, which I'll have in addition) makes it no longer necessary?

Final Cut Pro 6.0.6, Mac OS-X 10.5.6, Quicktime 7.6, Adobe Prod Prem CS4, G5 Quad 2.5, Kona-LHe V7.5, 8.5GB RAM, Nvidia GeForce 7800-GT 256MB, G-RAID 2x1TB FW800, 6TB RAID-5 (Enhance E8-ML, Highpoint 2322), Panasonic HVX-200P P2. Also MBP 17" Core 2 Duo 2.5, 4GB, GeForce 8600M GT 512MB.

Posts IndexRead Thread
Reply   Like  
Share on Facebook

Current Message Thread:

LOGIN TO REPLY

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]