Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
FORUMS:listlist (w/ descriptions)archivetagssearchhall of famerecent posts

Re: Shooting True First-Person Interviews

COW Forums : Letters to the COW Team

FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Share on Facebook
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Thomas MillerRe: Shooting True First-Person Interviews
by on Oct 13, 2010 at 2:51:37 am

Peter, I have to tell you it was a totally new experience to me when we did it. I've shot literally hundreds of interviews - and been both behind the camera, and the director asking the questions. But I've never seen anything quite so pure in it's exposure of these people's emotions to the audience. When they stare at the camera - right at the camera - and lay their hearts out like that - it was pretty amazing. The seem so open and vulnerable. I had the opportunity to be involved in the Spielberg "Survivors of the Shoah" interviews, and now I wish we had done those this way.

So when to do it this way, and when not to? I don't know, but I think it has something to do with how much connection you want to create between the audience and the subject. And I suppose you wouldn't always want that much raw connection. Plus, it's quite a bit more resource intensive, so it depends on your budget.

Tom Miller
Big Pictures Media
Denver, Colorado

http://www.BigPicturesMedia.com

Posts IndexRead Thread
Reply   Like  
Share on Facebook

Current Message Thread:

LOGIN TO REPLY

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy