Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
FORUMS:listlist (w/ descriptions)archivetagssearchhall of famerecent posts

Re: Best Nonlinear Editing System Report

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro basics

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Share on Facebook
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

cowcowcowcowcow
Dennis RadekeRe: Best Nonlinear Editing System Report
by on Jun 23, 2010 at 12:54:59 pm

For double system sound, the PluralEyes plugin is a public beta and I just saw a demo of it yesterday for Premiere Pro CS5.

As for importing 45 hours of footage into a Premiere Pro project, that could be a problem for sure, but I would say there are a couple of things to employ to mitigate it. One would be to use the Media Browser in Premiere Pro to only load up the actual clips you use. If you're used to importing, loading into the Source view and then using your media, this is the old way of thinking. Browse and load from the Media Browser and only when you've taken the clip to the timeline or project bin, does the clip become part of the project. This will keep the project trim along with the 'remove unused' command.

Avid's database approach to the project is an advantage over Premiere Pro and FCP in this area.

one last point on stability - with the 64-bit native application and the ability to address tons of memory (16GB and above), the question of stability, even on long projects has largely gone away. I believe as more users give CS5 a hard workout on big projects, they will discover this themselves.

Dennis

Posts IndexRead Thread
Reply   Like  
+1
Share on Facebook

Current Message Thread:

LOGIN TO REPLY

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]