Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
FORUMS:listlist (w/ descriptions)archivetagssearchhall of famerecent posts

Re: Best Nonlinear Editing System Report

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro basics

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Share on Facebook
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Shane RossRe: Best Nonlinear Editing System Report
by on Jun 23, 2010 at 12:28:04 pm

[Bob Zelin] "if it was not for AJA, Blackmagic, Matrox, MOTU, and all the wonderful plug in companies that develop products for FCP, NONE OF US would be using FCP."

What would we be using? Adobe doesn't make hardware either...so if it weren't for Matrox, and now AJA and Black Magic, who would use it?

What makes NLE software PRO is the ability to capture and output professional formats...to and from tape, and digital files. Without the hardware, FCP and Adobe would SERIOUSLY be behind Avid. But because third party people make the hardware, those apps are pro. Minus them, they are all "prosumer." We'd be stuck outputting to DV, HDV or DVCPRO HD via firewire.

But it is true...if it weren't for the hardware, I'd be all over Avid. But because so many companies believe in FCP, and make the hardware, FCP is a great solution and still my favorite one. I don't give a RATS PATOOTIE about "native" format support. That's for people who don't know any better about professional formats. H.264 should NEVER be touched natively.

Shoot, I'd better read that article before I continue to comment/rant.

Shane

GETTING ORGANIZED WITH FINAL CUT PRO DVD...don't miss it.
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Posts IndexRead Thread
Reply   Like  
Share on Facebook

Current Message Thread:

LOGIN TO REPLY

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]