Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
FORUMS:listlist (w/ descriptions)archivetagssearchhall of famerecent posts

Article Updates

COW Forums : Cinematography

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Share on Facebook
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Marco SolorioArticle Updates
by on Mar 15, 2010 at 6:04:49 am

A few notes regarding my article since its first publication in the Creative Cow Magazine print issue...

The original article was submitted in late December of 2009, shortly prior to Canon's announcement of the T2i/550D mode. This model would be the least expensive HDSLR camera you could buy for a paltry $800 (body only) that includes 1080p30/25/24 and 720p60/50. Specs are very similar to that of the 7D with regard to HD video mode. Still not as impressive at the 5D2, but an incredibly viable and *inexpensive* option nonetheless.

Canon is releasing the highly anticipated 5D Mk II firmware update sometime within the next 24 hours. Very exciting stuff. New features include 24p/25p (namely, 23.976, 25 and 29.97, fixed from straight 30), as well as new audio input/metering features.

The print version of the Creative Cow Magazine inadvertently has the wrong sensor size diagram in it. The Magazine shows the megapixel size comparison diagram (as used from my DSLR time-lapse article) instead of the sensor size comparison image, as found here in this article. Unfortunately the print article with the wrong diagram went to presses before I could see a review of it first. Doh!

COW Admin note: Unfortunately, while your article was ahead of the curve, Marco, many of the others came in so late that the magazine needed to get out to the printer right away to make the press deadline. Normally, we do our approvals after we layout the issue. This time, unfortunately, there was no time. Our apologies for missing the update on the picture. Looks like March/April's issue gets an 'Errata' box this time, eh? (Like that's never happened before in this industry. Heeheee.)

Posts IndexRead Thread
Reply   Like  
Share on Facebook

Current Message Thread:

LOGIN TO REPLY

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]