Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
FORUMS:listlist (w/ descriptions)archivetagssearchhall of famerecent posts

Re: Maybe Apple forsaw a Bleak future

COW Forums : Decks & VTRs

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Share on Facebook
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Jamie FranklinRe: Maybe Apple forsaw a Bleak future
by on Apr 17, 2012 at 6:06:26 pm

They still require access to the editor. Sure you can do a review process online. I recently cut a film with the director living in Dubai. But it was the slowest process I have ever worked on. Brutal. This boils down to a lot of talent can be achieved for highly technical projects in India (Prime Focus) or SEA. But editing is completely different animal. It's not about modeling and compositing, huge technical time sinks where you might need 200 vfx artists. Editing is usually a solitary man who may or may not own a chicken...

I'm not saying its impossible. Of course it is. But creatively, productions have a talent pool of editors they work with here for a reason. And there is really no budget justification to hire out 1-6 editors overseas for a project. Unless you are seriously so cheap you can't afford to pay one principal a decent wage...and it is better, creatively, to be sitting in the same room as your editor, imo

Posts IndexRead Thread
Reply   Like  
Share on Facebook

Current Message Thread:

LOGIN TO REPLY

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]