Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
FORUMS:listlist (w/ descriptions)archivetagssearchhall of famerecent posts

Re: Alexa vs. Red?/ Daniel

COW Forums : ARRI

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Share on Facebook
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

gary adcockRe: Alexa vs. Red?/ Daniel
by on Jun 2, 2010 at 9:06:06 pm

[John Cummings] "But as a small-time DP, what I want to know is this: Does the Alexa make great images? How will it look on the small screen? Is the camera ergonomically and intelligently designed? Can I pop it off the tripod and run with it?Is it rugged and reliable? "

John,
After having another close look at Alexa 2 weeks ago my answer to all of the above is
It does take gorgeous images, built like every other arri product, (top quality) and it is intended to fill the needs of a shooter like you.

" Is it noisy? Does it run hot? Are the controls and menus easy to access and understand? Can I easily operate it solo? Does the post path work for a wide variety of clients with different systems? "

It is ultra quiet and the units at NAB that ran for 12 hrs straight were never more than warm to the touch. All Arri products are designed so that either solo or assisted shooting are equally simple and straight forward. The button controls and layout are going to wake up camera interface designers as Arri has brought some of the simple logical button functions that change dynamically as you change functions.

gary adcock
Studio37
HD & Film Consultation
Post and Production Workflows for the Digitally Inclined
Chicago, IL

http://blogs.creativecow.net/24640

Posts IndexRead Thread
Reply   Like  
+1
Share on Facebook

Current Message Thread:

LOGIN TO REPLY