Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
FORUMS:listlist (w/ descriptions)archivetagssearchhall of famerecent posts

Re: Alexa vs. Red?/ Daniel

COW Forums : ARRI

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Share on Facebook
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

John CummingsRe: Alexa vs. Red?/ Daniel
by on May 27, 2010 at 12:00:17 pm

Having made it this far reading this thread, I must say my head hurts a little. My thanks to Fred for making me read his last post three times. Now, I think I'll take De Bayer (aspirin).

Since I don't personally own a pocket protector, I'm not sure I'm qualified to join this conversation. But as a small-time DP, what I want to know is this: Does the Alexa make great images? How will it look on the small screen? Is the camera ergonomically and intelligently designed? Can I pop it off the tripod and run with it?Is it rugged and reliable? Is it noisy? Does it run hot? Are the controls and menus easy to access and understand? Can I easily operate it solo? Does the post path work for a wide variety of clients with different systems?

Considering you can now buy an Arri (for cryin' out loud!) for less than what an F900 cost just a few years ago, I'd say it's pretty friggin remarkable. For the small screen...and let's be truthful, that's where most of us here on the Cow work...who needs Red with all it's baggage and headaches?

J.Cummings
Chicago
HDX-900/HDW-730S/DXC-D50
847-220-3172

Posts IndexRead Thread
Reply   Like  
Share on Facebook

Current Message Thread:

LOGIN TO REPLY

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy