Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
FORUMS:listlist (w/ descriptions)archivetagssearchhall of famerecent posts

Re: ALEXA vs. RED?

COW Forums : ARRI

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Share on Facebook
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Steve WargoRe: ALEXA vs. RED?
by on Jan 20, 2012 at 5:54:08 pm

There are RED users - James Cameron, Peter Jackson and many more

There are RED fanboys - Pathetic individuals who have a propensity to talk how great RED is while constsntly telling us that everything else is junk. Most RED fanboys are not camera owners, just people who are interested in talk, talk, talk. I am completely sick of bashers.

Now that it's January 2012, we're seeing many episodic TV programs shoot an Alexa and Sony buy very few on RED. Why is that? Desperate Housewive switched to Alexa for their 8th and last season from 35mm.

Some of the most beautiful footage on television is the TV show Grimm. The first night that show was on, my wife, "Wow. I'll bet they shot that on an Alexa". Even she can tell the difference. And while I'm talking about her, When we sat down in the theater to watch "District 9" and "The Book of Eli", she said "What piece of crap was this shot on?" Both shot on RED.

Yeah, RED shook the industry for sure but ARRI rocked the world.

Me? I own a SONY F3. It's a great tool. It works. It makes beautiful pictures and it makes money. End of story.

Steve Wargo
Tempe, Arizona
It's a dry heat!

Sony HDCAM F-900 & HDW-2000/1 deck
5 Final Cut (not quite PRO) systems
Sony HVR-M25 HDV deck
2-Sony EX-1 HD .

Ask me how to Market Yourself using Send Out Cards

Posts IndexRead Thread
Reply   Like  
Share on Facebook

Current Message Thread: