Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
FORUMS:listlist (w/ descriptions)archivetagssearchhall of famerecent posts

older computer settings for Alexa

COW Forums : ARRI

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Share on Facebook
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Denis Bosnjakovicolder computer settings for Alexa
by on Jun 20, 2011 at 2:43:44 am

Hello,

I am shooting a short film on the Alexa and am data managing the clips myself and editing as well.

We would be shooting on SxS Cards in ProRes 4444 and I wanted to know since I have never used the Alexa before or handled the footage, if anyone has some advice as to what settings in FCP 7 I should put the system settings to, so the clips can run on my laptop while on set so I can check to see if the clips transferred correctly. We're most likely shooting in Log-C.

I've been reading up on the FAQ on the Arri website and it seems pretty straight forward but I wanted to ask some people on here who have worked with it to see what they think as well.

I am working on a MacBook Pro from 2008 (silver body). These are my specifications on my laptop.

Processor Name: Intel Core 2 Duo
Processor Speed: 2.5 GHz
Number Of Processors: 1
Total Number Of Cores: 2
L2 Cache: 6 MB
Memory: 4 GB

OSX Snow Leopard: 10.6.7

Is there an Easy Set up already in FCP that would be best for this footage or does anyone have a specific set of settings that will make the footage run smoothly on my machine? Also, can the LUT generator on Arri's site be applied to the footage in FCP to see a decent working image while I edit, instead of the bland Log-C?

Thank you.

Posts IndexRead Thread
Reply   Like  
Share on Facebook

Current Message Thread:

LOGIN TO REPLY

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]