Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
FORUMS:listlist (w/ descriptions)archivetagssearchhall of famerecent posts

Re: Alexa vs. Red?/ Daniel

COW Forums : ARRI

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Share on Facebook
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Fred JodryRe: Alexa vs. Red?/ Daniel
by on May 9, 2011 at 11:51:00 pm

Andreas, there is a Business And Marketting title in our forums- but I would think that it is a much better question why these businesses exist in the first place. For one thing, these businesses have in some cases been continuously in operation for more than a hundred years, while the newer or new ones just squeeze in to an often existing market without ruffling each other`s feathers whether the oppportunities are crowded or not. Most businesses use their own money not even the banks` money to start or roll whether they are poor or rich. If you are studying the job of Business Manager you would be better off studying the job of Business Controller/ Comptroller (same name) as it is a much more hands on version of the job. See, one of the problems about aiming towards the typical job of Business Manager is that really everything, almost everything, is often rather lacking and has to be made fresh from scratch in order to exist. There`s no market, it has to be made. There are no product or products, they have to be made. For example, when one of my old Engineering jobs aimed me into making some sales time on the telephone, one morning I found myself talking to another TV and industrial Engineer who had a really great product he had on the market for about 4 years. ¨Would you send us our first one to sample and sell?¨, I questioned. ¨Sure.¨, he said. When I got the package in the mail from the middle of the country a few days later openning it produced an unexpected disappointment. The Inventor- Engineer had mailed me his original invention because no made units had ever sold in the distraction that is the real marketplace. Try reading the Art Of The Edit topic. The tales of woe and practical advice are relatively plentiful there. Don`t even worry about new or old technology as long as there`s a market. You can copy or make piano rolls for a living, or for $100,000 more you can use a servo mirrors set on an Alexa to make 3D originals that fill nickelodeon trays with replacement prints, a technological mix, or you can use one of these new cameras to make originals that burn theatre film prints. Make your business, make your choice, make your job. Don`t worry too much about making yourself a name. Famous or not, you were already born with one. Congratulations on studying from the beginning of a topic, it shows how the topic was made.

Hello,
Even if this discussion is now a little bit older i would like to participate. I'm student doing a research for a case study to get to know some details of the cinema camera business.

Maybe you can help me here. I would like to know if there are any informations about market shares in forums/news sites special for film industry or any other numbers about this topic?
Im interested in ARRI, RED and Panavision.
I hope you could help me or even redirect me to a different forum or webpage where i can found more detailed information.

Help is highly appreciated :-D
Thanks
Andi

Posts IndexRead Thread
Reply   Like  
Share on Facebook

Current Message Thread:

LOGIN TO REPLY

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]