Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
FORUMS:listlist (w/ descriptions)archivetagssearchhall of famerecent posts

Re: ASC CDL worflow with the Alexa camera

COW Forums : ARRI

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Share on Facebook
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

gary adcockRe: ASC CDL worflow with the Alexa camera
by on Apr 25, 2011 at 9:22:06 pm

[Oliver Peters] "I believe these are just default settings. His plug-in uses his own curve values reverse-engineered from ARRI's log-C to 709 corrections."

That is correct, as would be almost all color correction done in RT within FCP, it is also my understanding that there is a large amount of clipping and clamping in the Shaw filter profile to achieve something close to what a real LUT workflow should be, its not just about the color denisity its about adjusting of the gamma of an image heavily weighted in the shadow areas without clipping the highlights.

I use the GlueTools Arriraw converter that also allows for implementing CDL or other 3D LUTs on import when using an Alexa ProRes file recorded in LogC, it was built as part of the offline/ online processing to use Arriraw but as an aside it does allow for a real LUT to be used within FCP.

gary adcock
Studio37

Post and Production Workflow Consultant
Production and Post Stereographer
Chicago, IL

http://blogs.creativecow.net/24640

Posts IndexRead Thread
Reply   Like  
Share on Facebook

Current Message Thread:

LOGIN TO REPLY

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS