Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
FORUMS:listlist (w/ descriptions)archivetagssearchhall of famerecent posts

Re: ALexa ProRes4444 LogC workflow question

COW Forums : ARRI

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Share on Facebook
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

gary adcockRe: ALexa ProRes4444 LogC workflow question
by on Aug 9, 2010 at 10:44:00 pm

[Jay Mahavier] "I'm still confused as to how to work with the ProRes4444. I need to be able to make either a DPX for TIFF sequence for VFX."

Agreed, but since ProRes Recording is technically not yet enabled on the camera, we have some time.

Most high end workflows now support ProRes (Baselight, Nucoda, Scratch and the Autodesk tools) this request may reduce as time goes on. Most of the highend workflow I know of assume that most of VFX houses are really waiting for the ArriRaw to give them the greatest latitude.

I have been successful in using AE to generate the DPX/ Cineon frames correctly, Compressor will need a couple of hoops adjusted to handle the file correctly.

The whole point of going directly to ProRes is to bypass the conversion process- which is fraught with math errors in the conversions.

[Jay Mahavier] "I don't believe this is Art's test. "

I was not sure- there are very few of the cameras that have been configured to handle the DTE workflow as of yet, I know for a couple of weeks I had access to the only one outside of arri that was configured for DTE.

gary adcock
Studio37

Post and Production Workflow Consultant
Production and Post Stereographer
Chicago, IL

http://blogs.creativecow.net/24640

Posts IndexRead Thread
Reply   Like  
Share on Facebook

Current Message Thread:

LOGIN TO REPLY

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS