Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
FORUMS:listlist (w/ descriptions)archivetagssearchhall of famerecent posts

ALexa ProRes4444 LogC workflow question

COW Forums : ARRI

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Share on Facebook
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Jay MahavierALexa ProRes4444 LogC workflow question
by on Aug 9, 2010 at 7:34:21 pm

I've been handed some materials from a test shoot of an Arri Alexa. They shot to SR 444 RGB and ProRes4444 at the same time. There was some greenscreen footage shot as part of the test and there are some VFX guys who want to get their hands on it. They work with DPX and TIFF regularly, but they don't use QTs. So I need to get them file sequence for them to do a comparison. I know how to do this from the SR tape as I do it all the time. But how and to which file format should I convert the ProRes material to?

I tried using Compressor and the DPX and TIFF that are produced look very different from the QT.

In FCP I put the ProRes file onto a sequence set to AJA 10bit log RGB and exported and then used QTtoDPX and that looked yet different.

I think that part of the problem is that the tools I have assume DPX to be 10bit, while the ProRes4444 is 12bit. I'm not sure what's up with the TIFF looking different.

Any assistance for direction would be very appreciated.

Thank you,
Jay Mahavier

Posts IndexRead Thread
Reply   Like  
Share on Facebook

Current Message Thread:

LOGIN TO REPLY

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]