Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
FORUMS:listlist (w/ descriptions)archivetagssearchhall of famerecent posts

Re: Ipad? Kindle?

COW Forums : Apple iPad

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Share on Facebook
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Ronald LindeboomRe: Ipad? Kindle?
by on Aug 20, 2011 at 4:24:17 pm

Question: Number One concern of a 15 year old when it comes to this kind of thing???

Answer: The Cool Factor.

To a 15 year old, an iPad is so cool that all of the kids I know that have them are the absolute envy of their friends that don't have them and wish they did.

The kids that have Kindles are viewed as pitiable kids in a class with those whose grandparents buy their clothes for them. (I am a grandparent and I never buy my grandchildren clothes EXCEPT when I know that what I am buying is exactly what they told me that they wanted.)

iPads are so much more than a reader. They are gaming machines, web devices, video AND still cameras with editing and sending tools, and a myriad of other things that place the iPad ahead of any other device when it comes to teenagers.

Want to be the coolest aunt or uncle that ever lived? Get them the iPad (or a Droid tablet is number two). But if you want to get them the Kindle, you will be like the aunt you have that always buys you socks or shirts you will never wear and gives you that big sloppy kiss that you have to go wash off when no one's looking.

Droids are almost as cool as an iPad but Kindles are way down the list.

Best regards,

Ronald Lindeboom
CEO, Creative COW LLC
Publisher, Creative COW Magazine

Creativity is a process wherein the student and the teacher are located in the same individual.

"Incompetence has never prevented me from plunging in with enthusiasm."
- Woody Allen

Posts IndexRead Thread
Reply   Like  
Share on Facebook

Current Message Thread:
  • Ipad? Kindle? by Eunjung Bae on Aug 20, 2011 at 3:51:11 am
    • Re: Ipad? Kindle? by Kathlyn Lindeboom on Aug 20, 2011 at 4:08:00 pm
    • Re: Ipad? Kindle? by Ronald Lindeboom on Aug 20, 2011 at 4:24:17 pm

LOGIN TO REPLY

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter