Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
FORUMS:listlist (w/ descriptions)archivetagssearchhall of famerecent posts

Blog: HBOGo , could be one of the best apps on the iPad,

COW Forums : Apple iPad

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Share on Facebook
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

gary adcockBlog: HBOGo , could be one of the best apps on the iPad,
by on May 3, 2011 at 2:38:24 pm

Ok,
So I had a day off over the weekend, and I was lucky enough to have an advance warning that the new HBOGO, iPad app was going to be available.

As an existing HBO customer, one of the things I hate is not being able to access shows like TrueBlood, Big Love, or the new Game of Thornes HBO series on the road without having to pay iTunes for the privilege. The newly released HBOGo app allows HBO subscribers to via there HBO content anywhere, over either wifi or 3G!

My home office has a hellva a pipe in it (20mbps up/ 50mbps down) so my biggest issues wi file downloads are the intermediate servers, not the pipe itself, I have to say having access to the entire HBO library is freakin' awesome!!!!!! All of the HBO content is there, even HBO's Late Night fare of Taxicab Confessions and Real Sex, along with every series HBO has a had on the air in the last 10 years, so even shows like DEADWOOD are available for streaming download

I will state that you will need to ID your cable service (my cable email login sufficed) to make sure you are a customer, bypassing any of the legal issues for delivery since you are already a paying HBO customer. I have to say the more and more of the iPad apps that allow for me to maintain my viewing habits but get me away from the set-top are getting better and better, with this offering from HBO by far the best personal viewing product I have had since the first video iPods.

Thanks Apple and HBO

Posts IndexRead Thread
Reply   Like  
Share on Facebook

Current Message Thread:

LOGIN TO REPLY

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]