Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
FORUMS:listlist (w/ descriptions)archivetagssearchhall of famerecent posts

Re: RAID5 possible with SONNET FUSION D500P?

COW Forums : - ARRAYS & RAID Set-Up -

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Share on Facebook
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Thomas MillerRe: RAID5 possible with SONNET FUSION D500P?
by on Apr 25, 2012 at 7:17:47 am

[Luis Rodriguez] "Thomas,
You can use up to four Port Multiplier arrays (or single eSATA drives) at the same time with the RR2314. The Highpoint RR2314 will allow you to create multiple RAID groups (R0, R5, etc.) as well as single drive JBOD volumes."

Hey, thanks for your answer. Do you know this theoretically or have you seen/used this in practise? It would be awesome if this will work with our four D500P enclosures.
The thing I don't get right at the moment ist how the 2314 handles four RAID5 Systems, one in each D500P, at the same time, especially when you copy something from one RAID5 to another. Is it right, that all stuff regarding RAID5 ist handled by the 2314 alone, means that it's all hardwarebased, without support from the system/cpu? I'm just wondering because the card would be quite busy if it has to handle four RAID5 systems at the same time, might become extremely hot as well...

[Bob Zelin] "Thomas -
call this number -
1-408-942-5801

and ask them your question about the 2314. Please let us know the resonse you get from them. "

Hi Bob, thanks for your answer. It's the support number from HIGHPOINT, right? At the moment I'm in Germany, where I'm in the middle oft that problem as postproduction supervisor, so guessing that this call will last a little bit longer I have to check the options how the call don't get so expensive, and have to consider the different time zones as well... :( do you think a mail will also lead to fast success?

Posts IndexRead Thread
Reply   Like  
Share on Facebook

Current Message Thread:

LOGIN TO REPLY

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]