Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
FORUMS:listlist (w/ descriptions)archivetagssearchhall of famerecent posts

Converting image sequence to .mov & .flv

COW Forums : FFmpeg

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Share on Facebook
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Mike MossConverting image sequence to .mov & .flv
by on Sep 14, 2011 at 7:37:33 pm

Hello, If my following question has already been answered feel free to point me in the right direction. Thanks!

I need to install ffmpeg on a Win 2003 server. I get alot of image sequences that have many diffrent names from diffrent users. All of which need to be converted to .mov and/or .flv format.

I've been trying to use ffmpeg on my local Win7 machine and have yet to be successful. I get a lot of diffrent errors in many diffrent ways of trying. I think my problem is the documention is very confusing to me. Which is the right ffmpeg to download,setup, etc...

This is the one i downloaded: http://www.videohelp.com/tools/ffmpeg
(not the gui version)

I have the folder in my root C: dir.
I've been attempting to convert some images with this command for example:

ffmpeg.exe -i *.tga -f video.mov

Which gives me a "Failed to set value 'video.mov' for option 'f'" error. I've tried diffrent formats, diffrent syntax and i cant get anything to work. I was originally using Imagemagic, which worked for converting to .mov great! But then found out it does not support .flv formats... damn.

Maybe you guys can help me out. I need a script that will search an entire folder (Preferably to search network UNC paths.i.e \pathpathsource_images) for a specific format (.jpg, .tga, .tiff, etc..) create a video out of it and output that video to a specified directory.

Hopefully i have enough information here, please let me know if i need to provide anything more.

Posts IndexRead Thread
Reply   Like  
Share on Facebook

Current Message Thread:

LOGIN TO REPLY

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]