Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
FORUMS:listlist (w/ descriptions)archivetagssearchhall of famerecent posts

3D Projection and Element 3D

COW Forums : Blender

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Share on Facebook
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Chris Haley3D Projection and Element 3D
by on Jul 30, 2012 at 5:10:40 pm

So, here's the plan. 3D project an object in Blender and then get it into element 3D in After Effects.

The problem is that in Blender when we do this we use the "Sticky" coordinates, which the obj file doesn't seem to carry over.

The work around I did was to UV unwrap - "Project From View" from the same perspective of the camera that I used sticky from, which unwrapped it close enough to where I could stretch the UV around to fit correctly. So this gives a standard UV Map for the OBJ file which imports correctly.

My question is, is this the correct way to do this? Is it possible to convert the Sticky coordinates to a standard UV map in Blender?

I also don't have the texturing looking right in Element yet, but I still haven't done all the Element tutorials so I need to do more research there, but this is going to be an awesome workflow for us Blender AE users.

If anyone has done the 3D projection Blender to Element 3D workflow I'd love to hear your insights.
~Chris

Posts IndexRead Thread
Reply   Like  
Share on Facebook

Current Message Thread:

LOGIN TO REPLY

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]