Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
FORUMS:listlist (w/ descriptions)archivetagssearchhall of famerecent posts

Beyond the basic workflow...assistance needed

COW Forums : DSLR Video

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Share on Facebook
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index

Casey PetersenBeyond the basic workflow...assistance needed
by on Jun 22, 2012 at 5:15:26 pm

I have found several resources on DSLR workflow on the web, but they all seem to stop after your footage is transcoded and imported into your edit system.

I know how to transcode the footage and get it into Final Cut Pro, that's easy.

What I'm looking for is people's workflows AFTER your project is edited and ready to output to DVD or Blu-ray...I already know how to output for Vimeo/YouTube/etc., and the quality looks great. However, I am disappointed with the footage when I go to DVD, and a bit less disappointed when it goes to Blu-ray. This is where I am looking for help.

Currently for DVD, I am using Compressor and the DVD Best Quality presets, depending on my program length, but the quality I'm getting is nowhere near what I'm seeing on professionally produced DVDs or what's broadcast on cable TV (or in Blu-ray's case, HDTV).

I'm not sure the technical term of what I'm seeing...the best way I can describe it is jittery motion...not smooth movement between the frames, like I used to see when shooting HDV or DV.

Am I missing something somewhere? HELP!

Thanks!
Casey

Posts Index
Reply   Like  
Share on Facebook

Current Message Thread:
  • Beyond the basic workflow...assistance needed by Casey Petersen on Jun 22, 2012 at 5:15:26 pm

LOGIN TO REPLY

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]