Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
FORUMS:listlist (w/ descriptions)archivetagssearchhall of famerecent posts

Magnifty - a really cheap alternative to on board dslr monitors for focus

COW Forums : DSLR Video

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Share on Facebook
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index

Mark NicholsMagnifty - a really cheap alternative to on board dslr monitors for focus
by on May 21, 2012 at 9:19:44 pm

So this is a pretty awesome and cheap alternative to the on board monitors, which as we all know are sometime an expensive pain. This product was invented a couple of years ago by me, an LA director of photography. It fits on the rails and is basically a big ass magnifying glass which gets you about 2 to 4 times closer to the LCD. It's called the Magnifty and we're selling it now on our ebay store http://stores.ebay.com/Magnifty or at Samy's Camera in LA and Pasadena. It's $79.95. Super-durable and is supposed to fit on your rails or varying sizes, but for sure Red Rock. Watch the VIDEO:

I've used mine for over two years and don't leave home without it. It really does work. I also stack two of them together and get SUPER close at times. Other advantages are that it provides a great stability point and allow you to make and attach a sun shade for bright days. Allows you to use both your eyes to focus as opposed to the monocle concept. There's a patent pending. What else...? Ah yes, we have a warning which might seem obvious: Don't shoot into the sun with it. I've done it and it can give you a nasty tan and hurt your eyes. It's a magnifying glass! If you've ever burned leaves with one using the sun you get the idea...

Enjoy! ~mark

Posts Index
Reply   Like  
Share on Facebook

Current Message Thread:
  • Magnifty - a really cheap alternative to on board dslr monitors for focus by Mark Nichols on May 21, 2012 at 9:19:44 pm

LOGIN TO REPLY

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]