Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
FORUMS:listlist (w/ descriptions)archivetagssearchhall of famerecent posts

GH2 HBR unwrap

COW Forums : DSLR Video

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Share on Facebook
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Smith GloverGH2 HBR unwrap
by on Apr 27, 2012 at 4:58:21 am

Hello,

I recently purchased a GH2 and am having issues with the HBR setting. Please understand that I don't know a great deal about tanscoding, frame rates, etc. I've looked around on-line to find answers and haven't been able to.

Two questions:

1- I've tried the HBR mode and found that I get a 24p-like stutter when I pan. Is this common?

2- Most importantly- the HBR footage comes in at 29.97. I have read that I have to "unwrap" it to get 30p. Please tell me how to unwrap it. Note- I did try to use Cinema Tools. I first used Voltaic to get a Pro Res 422HQ file from the HBR footage (in Voltaic I used a custom format with a 30 fps setting but it still exported as 29.97). Then I brought the Pro Res file into Cinema Tools and conformed to 30p. HOWEVER, the file went from 1920 x 1080 to 960 x 540. Is this correct, or am I using CT incorrectly.

I GREATLY appreciate any help here.

Thanks

Smith

Posts IndexRead Thread
Reply   Like  
Share on Facebook

Current Message Thread:
  • GH2 HBR unwrap by Smith Glover on Apr 27, 2012 at 4:58:21 am

LOGIN TO REPLY

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy