Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
FORUMS:listlist (w/ descriptions)archivetagssearchhall of famerecent posts

Re: How can I make money this summer making films?

COW Forums : DSLR Video

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Share on Facebook
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Jeff LesterRe: How can I make money this summer making films?
by on Apr 21, 2012 at 7:52:17 pm

Yup! That's great advice. I'm working on two (possibly three) Public Service Announcements at the moment - I'm doing those for free. I'm thinking that if they turn out good, I'll use those as my examples in my portfolio to show the local businesses what I am capable of doing.

So, you and Steve don't think that $1,500 is too much to ask for, even though I'm technically a "newbie" at commercials and I am still in high school? I do know though, for sure, that I can make much better commercials than the cable company and whoever else is producing them. 90% of the gear that I would need to make a quality commercial I already own. The only thing I'm lacking is some lavalier mics, but I'm thinking I could just rent those if I needed them. I could pretty much do everything (pre production, production, and post) by myself, and maybe on the day(s) we film, I could just have a friend hold the boom pole for me.

My main goal is just to get experience and money so that I can make further investments in my video gear!

Thanks for all the helpful info guys.

Cheers,

Jeff

Member of iFrosh

Posts IndexRead Thread
Reply   Like  
+1
Share on Facebook

Current Message Thread:

LOGIN TO REPLY

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter